This feeling is a lttle different, everything that I am doing right now is taking off and the balance of now adding school full time is nerve racking. Will I be successful at time managing and keeping a balance?
A few things I have learned in my past experience to have a successful semester are:
- I learned to keep God 1st in all that I do. When switching classes, I pray, give thanks and take 2 minutes to do breathing exercises.
- Stick to time schedule, weekly schedule. Tell yourself you have two hours to work on this project. Do not go over or under scheduled time.
- Clean something everyday. This gives you a sense of control of your environment. Yes, you should always have your area clean and neat but if you consciously keep in your mind to clean something, it will become a habit on the days you don’t want to do anything.
- Workout. I am so bad with this. Working out was so easy when I did it with my best friend KeKe back in Maryland. So my goal now is to start off doing something for 10 minutes at home and gradually increase the workout time. If you have this under control, I commend you.
- Grooming. This can be giving yourself a facial, doing your nails, doing your hair, shaving nose hairs. Yes, you should always groom yourself but as I mentioned before. If it is a daily goal or routine, it will become a habit on days you don’t feel like doing anything. This will help give you a sense of 5 minute me time you deserve.
These are small things to remember to do frequently but it causes such an impact on your daily life.
I had to remind myself who my Father is. You know the one that created the Heaven and Earth, the one who molded me and hand crafted me to be this popping. God knows what I need before I ask for it. He didn’t create me to worry.
“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?” (NIV)
So as we go into this new journey if everything being online, I pray you receive God’s endurance, His discipline, His love, His warmth, His grace, He’s mercy and He’s peace in your next steps to victory, in Jesus name Amen.
Thank you to all the teachers and professors, you are appreciated.
For more fun tips to get through a semester, purchase my book Syllabus: Self-Improvement HERE.